Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Ice Ice Baby

The following G-chat conversation took place this afternoon before I went to the grocery store (because today was a 'productive' day).  Behold what happens when two sarcastic people live together and try to function like adults:

me: i'm going to the grocery store in a few minutes - any last minute requests?
 Andrew: chips and salsa
  a single beer
 me: already on the list
  oh
  not the beer though
  a single beer?
 Andrew: just one
 me: what kind?
 Andrew: the singular kind
 me: winco doesn't have pbr
12:22 PMlike, a beer that's looking for a date?
  doesn't a single beer need a wing man?
 Andrew: oooohhhh
  yea
12:23 PM chicken wings
  get some chicken wings
  i need meat
  i havent eaten meat in weeks
  but i will not ask you to pick it up
  just allow me to get some inexpensive beef soon
 me: you can get some beef but you have to pick it out because i would just buy whatever is the cheapest and you might get e coli from it
12:24 PM seriously, what kind of beer?
  any kind that comes in a large singular container?
 Andrew: i dont care
  cheap beer that comes in a single container
  just not anything ice
  or hurricane
 me: i'm going to ice you, bro
 Andrew: yea
 me: you're going to come home and find a single bottle of smirnoff ice in the fridge
 Andrew: you do that and you'll need some ice
 me: and once you see it
12:25 PM you have to drink it
 Andrew: for the black eye you will receive
 me: oh okay i didn't understand your joke so i'm glad you clarified that
 Andrew: haha
  really?
12:26 PM me: no, geez
  of course i understood it
 Andrew: oh
 me: no, i thought i was going to need ice for the frozen margarita you would make me to express your gratitude
 Andrew: hahahahahahaha
  yea
 me: can i blog about this conversation, because it's funny
 Andrew: im awful
12:27 PM maybe
  is domestic abuse funny?
 me: yes
  when it's not serious
 Andrew: ok
 me: like, as long as you don't seriously injure me, you can smack me around a little
 Andrew: really?
12:28 PM me: if we had health insurance, you could hit a little harder, but i can't be needing any stitches or casts
12:29 PM Andrew: im all about that   I guess I should say something about how real violence isn't funny, and if you're being abused, you should call this hotline?  There, that's my good deed for the day.  Actually, my good deed for the day was not cart-ramming this 8-foot tall redneck metal-head with a cart loaded up with CASES of canned chili and frozen BBQ ribs who somehow kept getting in my way in every aisle at the store.  He was seriously wearing a three wolves howling at the moon t-shirt and buffalo-check flannel in a completely un-ironic fashion.  I've seen my fair share of variations on this outfit, but he was rocking it harder and more seriously than I ever thought possible.  In hindsight, he was awesome and the world is a better place with people like him in it.
I am on a roll.  Why stop at two good deeds?  I'm going to go all out and do three good deeds on this day of productivity.  Winco doesn't sell individual beers, apparently, so in order to avoid Sad Andy Syndrome, I'm going to walk all the way into town to buy him a PBR, because I didn't feel like driving to the real beer store after I left the store that sells other things besides beer.  Andy, when you read this, just know that this is how much I love you.  I would walk five hundred miles just to be the woman who walks five hundred miles to get you a PBR. 

2 comments:

  1. You jerk! You and Beardface made me spit my delicious white sangria (paid for with NJ tax dollars via unemployment!) all over my computer. Maybe I should not read your blog while drunk and drinking. I tend to do too many spit takes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahah, score one for NJ unemployment, then? Actually, I am sorry. I was going to judge you for drinking at 3:43 but then noticed that the time stamp is in Pacific time. You are excused.

    ReplyDelete