Friday, September 10, 2010

Little Hellraiser

If by little I just mean younger and probably the same size, and by hellraiser I mean person who was very angry that day.

When I was searching through my old  photos the other day to find the shot of the typewriter in the bathtub, I came across an old gem I had long forgotten.  My sophomore ID from University of the Arts:


At the last second before the security guard took the picture, I moved as if to scratch my face.  I remember the look of surprised distaste she had on her face when she realized what I had done, as if it was a big deal.  I guess I looked sufficiently surly and defiant, though, because she didn't make me retake it.  Win.

I wish I could find my ID from senior year of high school.  I was especially proud of that one.  I blacked out my front teeth with clown makeup and waited until the last second to smile.  The photographer said nothing, either because he didn't notice, or he was horror-struck by my apparently toothless maw and was afraid to say anything because he thought I really didn't have any teeth.  Double win.

2 comments:

  1. That is great! I just looked angry in my Rutgers IDs, but was never clever enough to do anything besides glare.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glaring is pretty powerful, though. Never underestimate the power of a good glare. And bless you for having the fortitude to withstand 4 years in New Brunswick (I'm assuming it wasn't Camden or Newark?). Three semesters of grad school there was almost enough to crush my soul.

    ReplyDelete