Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Productivity

Someday, if when I have a job that forces me to be productive, I am going to look back on these days with fondness.  That's not to say that I am lazy.  I have standards for productivity, they are just a little different from what a traditional workplace might demand. 

For example, I consider it a productive day when I change out of my pajamas before dinner, but I'm very particular about this.  It has to be for a good reason, usually one the involves leaving the house.  Acceptable reasons include:  Going to the grocery store, going for a run, going to the mailbox.  'Because it's shameful' is not an acceptable reason.  I mean, yea, it's totally shameful to still be in your pajamas when you're cooking dinner, no matter how good that dinner is.  But seriously, why waste a clean outfit if you're not going anywhere?  It just puts you one day closer to laundry day, which will force you to be productive, and whoa, you better pace yourself, you don't want to burn out.

No comments:

Post a Comment