Sunday, April 3, 2022

Syllabus #146

Somehow this past week rivaled January in its interminability.  It wasn't just me.  Everyone at work felt it, too.  We all kept blindly groping around for Friday, lamenting a Tuesday we all swore was Wednesday, a Wednesday that almost certainly should have been a Thursday.  Most of the time, I can fake it and look like I have my crap togetherish, despite feeling like I Literally Cannot Even, but when everyone else freely and openly admits they are Unable to Even, it's kind of hard to Give an Adequate Number of Fucks.  It was a week.

Drink


On Saturday morning, I got the Spanish Wordle on the first guess.  The word was doler, the infinitive verb meaning 'to hurt,' so I guess it was that kinda semana for all of us.

Wordle (ES)  #86 1/6


🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩


https://wordle.danielfrg.com/


What do you do when your kid is reading a book that makes you uncomfortable?  1.  Maybe read the whole book before you pass judgment.  2.  Get over it, not every book is for every person.  


I'd have an easier time digesting these allegations of coke-fueled Republican orgies if Mitch McConnell's neck didn't look like a fleshlight with a head protruding from it.  


I had an extra puff pastry kicking around in the freezer, so I saw this recipe for a skillet vegetable pie as a beacon of weeknight hope.  Indeed, Andy actually LIKED it and asked to have it again someday soon.  That's like finding a 4-leaf clover and as you bend over to pick it you see a $100 bill laying next to it.  I don't know what alignment of stars was responsible for it, but I ain't mad.  


Analog Reading:

Maybe I wouldn't feel like time is marching in place if I could finish The friggin Stand and move on with my life.  It's not that it's not a compelling narrative, but I've spent too much time with it and I'm ready for something else.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting perspective and one I probably would not have considered on a possibly inappropriate book (except for flowers in the attic series, oops). According to Stephen Colbert McConnell chin is a neutered ball sack. Maybe too much coke does that!

    ReplyDelete