Sunday, February 11, 2024

Syllabus #239

It's like the universe knew we had too much downtime in January, and to punish us, they made the last two full weeks of school as arduous as possible.  Also, I sometimes feel that  get punished for being healthy and responsible, when I am forced to do other people's jobs just because I showed up for work and they didn't.  

My favorite thing is when I'm pulled to sub, and I'm like, hey kids, I'll be your teacher today, and they're like, yay.  But then they ask to go to the library.  And I'm like, WHO DO YOU THINK IS GOING TO BE IN THERE?  I'M STUCK IN HERE WITH YOU!  And then not twenty minutes later, another kid will be like, hey I forgot my laptop at home, can I go to the library and get a loaner?  Again.  WHO EXACTLY DO YOU EXPECT TO FIND IN THE LIBRARY??

Outwardly, I'm calm.  I'm practically dissociating from my body.  Inwardly, I'm SCREAMING.

My copy editor doesn't know how to spell.  This might be a little rough.

---

You can probably infer why I was drawn to this article about edibles this week.  Are they safer than smoking?  Probably, which is the answer that I was rooting for.  Honestly, I got a whole tray of brownies in the freezer that I wouldn't let go to waste even if this article told me that edibles would make me grow a third nipple in the middle of my forehead.   

---

Analog Reading:

Finished American Girls by Jessica Roy.  It was intense.  I very much identified with the sister who was back in the States trying to rescue ISIS-wife sister.  She had big "kid who does all the work in the group project" energy and I feel that to this day.

Just started The Unsettled by Ayana Mathis.  The writing is beautiful and the plot is unfolding slowly to reveal a story full of intrigue and intergenerational trauma.

No comments:

Post a Comment