Thursday, December 5, 2019

Syllabus #33

All of this is pretty much old news by now.  I took a sabbatical.  Get over it.  I already have.  While I was gone, I ate a lot of food, I expelled a lot of phlegm, animals were sick and injured, it's been a journey.

I'd love to have Oprah eulogize me, but given the age spread, I should probably get busy dying before she does.  Also maybe get busy being important.

Do you CBD, bro?  I'm a fan of the tincture, and find it to be subtly relaxing, but I think we all realize most of the other potions are snake oil.

I am David, Andy is Hugh.  Forever and ever, amen.

Taint his fault he forgot sunscreen.

This was heavy and sad and made me think of my own students.  I don't know what happens to them when they leave school each day but I suspect a lot of them end up in precarious situations like this one.

Does anyone ever psychologically make it out of middle school?  Can we elect a grown up who has the emotional resilience not to get a Sad when someone (justifiably) whispers behind their back?  They're all gonna laugh at you, Donnie.  P.S.  Plug it up.

How was y'alls Thanksgivings?  I spent mine in a place I thought I'd never return to:  South Carolina.  At least it was pretty (and, you know, the company wasn't too shabby either):



No comments:

Post a Comment