Sunday, March 8, 2020

Syllabus #43

What a stupid week. 

Here's some stuff I might have skimmed:

 This happened, in case you missed it.

This was well said

I wonder what impact the tornado had on primary results, since it affected one of the most progressive areas in the whole state.  Not only were people, you know, a little busy dealing with other stuff, but many precincts were inaccessible and voters were diverted to other locations that weren't meant to accommodate such heavy volume.  We waited for over 2 hours for Andy to vote (I had done early voting) but obviously not everyone had the luxury of just standing around for hours that day, or any day.

I hope North Nashville isn't violated twice, first by the tornado and again by a tide of opportunistic developers.  I also have no room to speak since I live in a neighborhood transformed by the last tornado, but I didn't realize that was the case when I moved here.

Some practical advice.


I tried to distract myself with something non-apocalyptic.  It didn't work, but maybe you'll enjoy it.  Deb Perelman is a national treasure.


Analog Reading:

Finished The Great Pretender by Susannah Cahalan.  Nothing like a book about mental illness and fraud to pull you through a dark time.

Trying to read Caucasia by Danzy Senna for my book club, but it's hard to concentrate.

No comments:

Post a Comment