Sunday, December 27, 2020

Syllabus #85

 This is it.  The last one of the year.  Calling something the last anything of 2020 feels like a victory.  The last sneeze of 2020.  The last time eating cereal of 2020.  The last panic attack of 2020.  If we made it this far, maybe we can keep going.

And you know what, I really wanted to go out on this last syllabus of the year with a bang.  I thought that to myself, way back last Sunday when I opened up the editor and titled this post, and wrote that first paragraph.  I thought we could just wade through the cesspool of 2020 for the next 9 days or whatever, and not that 2021 will be magically better, but there's reason to hope it might not be as much of a disaster.  And then we went to visit our families, after two weeks of diligently isolating and getting negative tests a couple days before we made the 6 hour drive without stopping once for nary a drop of pee or gasoline.  

We were having such a grand time, I barely opened my laptop.  So I collected no links.  And then Christmas morning happened.  So strange to watch your city make national and international headlines, and stranger still when you are not home yourself and can only watch from afar.  If you're not all donated out from this turd rollercoaster of a year, here's a place you can help:  Hands On Nashville


Peace out 2020.  Don't let the door hit you in the ass on your way out.  Except, do.


No comments:

Post a Comment