Sunday, June 12, 2022

Syllabus #154

What was in D4 though?



I pasted a lot of meaty links into this post throughout the week and then I realized I can't summon the mental energy to comment on them, so I deleted them.  So instead, let's talk about gas stations with excellent food and restaurants that will probably have inedible food:


It's years away but it gives me LIFE to know that Wawa is on its way to Nashville.  Even though I won't be able to pull up to a gas pump on a frigid day, crack my window, and ask a pimple-faced young guy to fill it with regular, I am still gonna be first in line for a hoagie and coffee.  If you know, you know.


Also, Garth Brooks is jumping on the Broadway establishment bandwagon.  I mean as far as country dudes go, he almost doesn't even register on the Obnoxio-meter (where Hank Williams is a 0 and Morgan Wallen makes the needle jump past 10 and snap right off).  But also, "Friends in Low Places" is a little too on the nose for anything within projectile vomiting distance of Broadway.


Analog Reading:

Finished Tacky: Love letters to the worst culture we have to offer by Rax King.  It was amusing, but as I speculated in my previous post, it didn't really go anywhere.  Witty variations on a quirky theme.  

And now I'm reading Viktor Frankl's Man's Search for Meaning and, wow, I need a cervical collar for this whiplash.  We went from 'let me tell you about how much I love Cheesecake Factory and casual sex with my father's coworkers' to 'let me tell you how I survived the unimaginable physical and psychological horrors of a concentration camp.'  It's brilliant and important, and it is a lot.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment