Sunday, August 16, 2020

Syllabus #66

Another week, another round of excuses.  This week's excuse has 4 legs and a tail and is very cute.  The cat rescue had this kitten on their website.  He was described as very playful.  He was described as already neutered.  He was wearing a blue collar.  He looked like he would be a good playmate for Hadley.  

We paid the adoption fee, brought him home, and deliberated about names.  We opened the envelope of vet records from the rescue, and found out he...seemed to be a she.  Not that a cat's gender matters all that much, but we thought there would be less rivalry between a new cat and Hadley if New Cat was a boy.  We had to know for sure.  I'm not gonna lie, my Google search history the past week has me looking like some kinda pervert.  British man arm penis, Malcolm MacDonald penis arm, cat vagina, cat penis, cat genitalia, and apparently also some Eastern European foot fetish websites.  The long and short of it is, Cardi B and I have something in common.  We got some w****s in this house.  (As I was searching for that video and making sure I was linking to the explicit version, Lola jumped up on the table and I shot her with a spray bottle of water, and now she is an actual wet ass p***y.  It's like, everything is connected, man.)

Lola


 So here's my paltry collection.  


Dolly Parton is a national treasure, and Tennessee doesn't deserve her but I'm so glad she's ours.


Speaking of Tennessee...we could maybe try doing better?   Like, I'm no stranger to the place I call home being the butt of national jokes.  New Jersey pretty much has that market cornered.  But we've really brought this on ourselves with this horse shit.


And maybe instead of only thinking about yourself and the immediate gratification of partying and going out without a mask on, you could think about how your selfish behavior is perpetuating an impossible situation for so many families as school resumes this fall.



Analog Reading:


Finally finished Kevin Wilson's The Family Fang.  I love his work but this was probably my least favorite book of his.  It might be that I was too tired to read more than a few pages at a stretch every time I picked it up, but the pacing of this one felt off to me.  Also, I think having two protagonists hampered my connection with either one of them - neither one of the Fang siblings was particularly likable or sympathetic.


Halfway through Kiese Laymon's Heavy.  It is that.  But it's also brilliant and sometimes funny.  


That's it and that's all.  May your Sunday Scaries be mild and your week be mellow.

No comments:

Post a Comment