Sunday, March 5, 2023

Syllabus #190

I know we live in the south, but I never expected to be literally gone with the wind.  And yet I nearly was.  

Friday was So Unbelievably Frigging Windy.  Ultimately, we were lucky.  No property damage, no downed trees.  We just had a bunch of trash blow into our backyard from the crackhouse across the alley, but that happens on a weekly basis anyway, there was just more of it this time.  However, our power did go out for a full 24 hours, which was not ideal.  It came on for a tantalizing 5 minutes after about hour 22, and then died again.  At hour 23.75, we went out to buy some ice to unload perishables from the fridge into a cooler.  The actual minute we pulled up at home, we saw the backyard light come on.  I'm not saying I conjured the restoration of power for my entire neighborhood, but I'm not not saying that, either.




How the Finns are dealing with war in their backyard.


Imagine being so dumb that you actually don't know you're dumb.  But...am I?  Am I a big dumdum and I just think I'm smart because I'm too stupid to perceive my own idiocy?


This salad has me salivating.  Saladvating?


Analog Reading:

Lingering over the last hundred and fifty pages of Rabbit at Rest, because I'm not quite ready to bid adieu to this delightfully dysfunctional family.  Also I have no idea what to read next, because I'm waiting on a few holds to become available from the library.  

1 comment:

  1. The wind done gone. 😉 And the power's back on. Finally, MTG's condition has been diagnosed. It's incurable. I will be looking forward to quinoa salad!

    ReplyDelete