Friday, July 30, 2010

Mares Eat Oats

Ever since I discovered the glory that is the bulk bins at Winco, my grocery list looks like I'm feeding a horse:

Oats
Apples
Peanuts
Sugar

Although if I venture into the other aisles, where food for lazy and/or rich people is sold, the analogy doesn't really hold water. 

Artichokes
Frozen berries
Frozen squid
Beer

Unless I'm feeding the equine offspring of Mr. Ed and Paula Deen.  In which case I'd probably be feeding a centaur.  That is a cooking show I'd watch.  I would strap it on* and get ready for a wild time in the kitchen.



 Hopefully my math was a little off, but probably not.  Such is life.  Dig in y'all!



*A feed bag.  Like horses wear?  Seriously, what did you think I meant?

2 comments:

  1. Paula would put mayo on an aspirin, which puts her in the top 1% of all food celebs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right, she would. Although she'd probably try to class it up with spices and call it aioli.

    ReplyDelete