Sunday, March 31, 2019

The Syllabus #3

I was hungry this week.  With the exception of one article about Varsity Blues and two tidbits about testicular vehicular accessories, everything you see here relates to food or occupying space in the world.  How 'bout it?

There's a chasm between the two ends of the spectrum of of this college admissions issue, and it doesn't say anything good about our priorities or the state of inequality in our society. 

Food allergies vs mere sensitivities.  I have an intolerance for food described as "crusty", a sensitivity to "creamy," and a legitimate, full-blown, anaphylactic shock level allergy to the word "moist" coming anywhere near my food. 

It's all CBDelicious, but I smell a missed opportunity if nobody has done CBD-infused protein powder and other weight lifting supplements.  Those jabronis at the gym need to chill out more than anybody.

Slate's Decoder Ring podcast explored Truck Nutz.  Who ever thought it was possible to spend 40 minutes considering the origins of the product and the motivations of its devotees?  Apparently there's a lot more to say besides, "There goes a guy who is insecure in his masculinity."  Although, when you think about it, it takes, well, balls, to to dangle the most vulnerable part of your anatomy in such an exposed and collision-location, even if symbolically.

Speaking of Truck Nutz, I know what Andy's getting for his birthday:  bike balls!

Men don't get to have all the fun this week.  Women can and should take up space in the world, too.  Without apology, period, full stop. 

Sweet Fancy Moses.  I take back everything I recently wrote about the unlikely scenario of Martha making her own vape juice.  If there's not a sous vide vape juice episode in this season  I will wax off  one of my eyebrows in protest.  Also, didn't you just know Martha was going to be the masculine one in this video? 

Somewhere, there exists a video of me in the Pepper Palace hot sauce store in St. Augustine.  I taste a sample of a hot sauce alleged to be the world's hottest and shrug like it's NBD.  End of video.  Minutes after the sampling, the full impact is realized on my empty stomach and I'm sweating like a whore in church, cramping, and racing down St. George Street trying to find a bathroom because I'm certain my bowels are full of jet fuel and a lit match is snaking its way through my intestines.  I never did find the bathroom, and I never did shit my pants (that day, anyway).   The storm came and went like a phantom in the night, and left no lasting effects.  Five out of five stars, would try again.  But why do we do this to ourselves?

One of the four horsemen of the apocalypse just rode in, and he sliced his bagels verticallyNope.

Is it Resting Bitch Face or is she thinking about Truck Nutz and vertically sliced bagels?


No comments:

Post a Comment