Sunday, September 6, 2020

Syllabus #69

 Sixty niiiiiine.  Nice.

Because I've stuck with this semi-regular habit for a substantial amount of time.  Not for any other reason.  Sicko.



The other day I was working from home and Andy and I went for a lunchtime walk.  There was a stretch of sidewalk with a minefield of scattered dog turds, and I noticed a shiny, brilliant beetle rolling a turd that was easily 10 times its size.  I crouched down to marvel at this feat, this natural wonder occurring right here in our urban jungle.  Andy was not impressed.  But come on, man, nature is wild!  

So what's going on in the world?  Are we holding it together with chewing gum and paperclips?  Here's some stuff!

---

Speaking of sex acts where we talk a big game but in practice they really can't be all that enjoyable, the rusty trombone, the Cleveland steamer, the donkey punch, The Glory Hole 

To change the subject abruptly, this is devastating and probably one of my worst fears during all of this 

And this too 

But really, it's hard to choose a 'worst fear' when there are so many things to send you shrieking into a pillow

Maybe this advice will be useful for someone

Watching:

Finally got around to checking out Schitt's Creek.  Why did we wait so long?  It's a gem, and made me realize my sphere of existence has been limited to my home for so long that as the Rose family moved into that dumpy motel I thought, well that looks like a fun adventure.

Analog Reading:

Finished Between the World and Me by Ta-Nehisi Coates

Halfway through Dirt:  Adventures in Lyon as a Chef in Training, Father, and Sleuth Looking for the Secret of French Cooking by Bill Buford.  It's transporting to recall a time when you could, you know, leave the country and/or meet new people.

1 comment:

  1. In the middle of reading your blog and today I can access the links, happily!! Although, the articles are intense. Just don't forget your paddle for schitt's creek!

    ReplyDelete