Monday, October 5, 2020

Syllabus #73

I'm a day late with this post.  Sue me.  I mean, don't.  If this is worthy of litigation, you might need to like, do some breath-work and check your priorities.  

The past 8 or so days have been another vanishingly short and incomprehensibly long interlude.  Weird times we're living through, amirite?

Speaking of Weird, 1994 was a great vintage:



Is some of this even relevant anymore?  Probably not, but being slightly out of style is kind of my brand.

Vote, vote, vote.  Vote for Biden.  Our lives, our country, human decency and dignity depend on it.  What we saw on display during that debate was terrifying.  It was an explicit, not tacit or subliminal, encouragement of white supremacist violence and voter intimidation.  

I've never been more terrified to exist in this country 


Schadenfreude.  There's too much to say about it all.  Who can keep up?


Halloween's not canceled, but if your child shows up on my porch this year in any type of 'Rona or Trump related costume I'm going to give them an uncooked, previously frozen Brussels sprout rolled in used cat litter.  Honestly, that's what I'm giving any child that has the audacity to ring my doorbell this year.  Stay off my lawn.


Speaking of Halloween, here's something pointless and dumb and weird that made me laugh for a second: 

I think I'm more scared of post-Covid lingering symptoms than I am of just straight up dying.  


In the words of the Sex Pistols, I wanna be anarchy.  What IS so bad about it, exactly?  I think the problem lies in the fact that these types of movements can only succeed if those who affiliate themselves with the movement are acting in good faith.  Distributed movements without formal leadership can accomplish a lot but they're also fragile in critical ways.


Watching all of this interrupting was very triggering for me. I know Joe Biden is capable of deep empathy, and now he knows what it's like to move through the world as a woman, with some asshat talking over you and cutting you off every step of the goddamn way. 


Analog Reading:

Still plodding through Utopia Avenue.  I like it, but it's hard to concentrate on it.  That's my sophisticated literary criticism.

1 comment:

  1. My take - away from every subject in your blog is to VOTE

    ReplyDelete