Sunday, October 25, 2020

Syllabus #76

The theme this week is Escape.  Where in the world is Carmen Sandiego?  I dunno, but if that B is as smart we thought she was, she probably isn't trapped in the smoldering ash heap that is the US of A.



I could get down with this island hermit lifestyle.


Si, por favor.


On escaping the trappings of the beauty industry.  Yo, real talk, I haven't touched my hairdryer since early March, and I didn't pluck my eyebrows from March to June.  It was majestic, though a little less Kahlo and a little more McPoyle than I would have hoped:



Escaping to the Jurassic era - hold onto your butts



Watching:

The new Borat movie.  I cackled, and then fell into a deep depression.  I'd love to watch a making of documentary about the Borat movies - how can these people be serious?  I want to be skeptical about these people not being in on the joke because I don't want to believe people are that despicable and unflinching in the face of racism, sexism, anti-Semitism, and sexual abuse, but like...*gestures randomly at all of the world we live in...*

Analog Reading:

Almost finished with Emily Temple's The Lightness.  It has really picked up.  It's kind of erotic and clearly heading for disaster.  Just like 2020.  Minus anything erotic, unless you're into dinosaur buttholes, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment