Sunday, February 14, 2021

Syllabus #92

It turns out leaving the house every day and working outside the home is exhausting.  Especially when your workplace is unheated, so your mask becomes soaked with snot leaking out of your cold, sad face.

Leave your first born on the doorstep and get the hell out of here


I've never watched a cop procedural before and I'm probably not about to start now, but if I did, this would be the one. 


File under heartbreaking and infuriating, but honestly that folder is stuffed.  Toss this on the overflow pile. 


Gee, really?  You mean it's a net positive to no longer consign people to poverty wages and force people to work multiple full-time jobs to keep their family fed and housed?  Wonders never cease.


I'm torn between Ew David and Get in my mouth.  Everything bagel ice cream sounds like the kind of thing that is so wrong and disgusting that it comes full circle and is actually...delicious?


Chapter 15:  Me and That Time I Was Issued a Literal Citation from the Fashion Police 


Just gonna passive-aggressively leave this here and hope it gets to the person who needs to see it...


Analog Reading:

Finished Real Life by Brandon Taylor.  Alternate working titles:  Boy Aren't You Glad You're Not This Guy or Damn We Live in a Fucked Up Country That Has a Lot of Problems with Racism, Homophobia, and Income Inequality and Isn't It a Real Bitch When Those Things Intersect.  I say that from a place of admiration for the book, because it did what it was probably intended to do to a hetero, white, middle class person - it made me uncomfortable.  I just wanted to hug the main character but he didn't need a hug, he needed a less shitty world to live in.

Read A Children's Bible by Lydia Millet.  It good.  A co-ed Lord of the Flies meets Animal House meets The Road.  Or something?  A Greta Thunberg fever dream?  At any rate, really good, fast read.

Started Sisters by Daisy Johnson and Greetings from New Nashville by Steve Haruch.

1 comment:

  1. Lola, xoxo. I have so much I could add to each subject. Hopefully many read and learn from articles cited.

    ReplyDelete