Sunday, April 4, 2021

Syllabus #99

 I don't have a lot this week.  It's been a busy one, mostly good.  Fam is visiting, it's Andy's birthday, there are cats playing with tails and sunbeams.



But do they come in a women's 9.5?  Also, whose blood are they using?


Just please watch this short video clip of someone just casually driving a couch down the street.  Not a couch in the bed of a truck.  Just driving an actual couch.  That's the kind of transpotainment this city needs.  


Analog Reading:

Finished The Life of the Mind by Christine Smallwood.  It caused me a lot of discomfort because I recognized so much of myself in it.  It was remarkable in its specificity and I couldn't stop reading it.  Finished in two days.

Finished Winter Pasture by Li Juan, finally.  It was beautiful and fascinating and at times irreverent and funny, but the pace of life was so slow I couldn't stay awake to read it at night.

Started A Swim in a Pond in the Rain  by George Saunders.  What a great concept.  It's like getting to take a course with Saunders, only there's no homework and no grades, but I hope to learn something about the craft of writing.

1 comment:

  1. One ? How many mpg does that get? And Dorothy is the only one who can pull off red shoes ��

    ReplyDelete