Sunday, August 15, 2021

Syllabus #118

Breaking news - we ordered a bidet.  Hot vaxx summer is about to be hot cracks summer.  Verdict is still out, will report back after installation, but we have high hopes, as one of the customer endorsements printed on the box said it is "Fantasstic."  

I want a doorbell camera just so I can watch this guy and his brother sleep on our porch.  Our stray cats are cuter than your stray cats.


Can confirm - the entitlement of the American shopper is unparalleled.  Even in my very low-key and mostly fun summer job, I had a few memorably awful customers, one of whom pulled up at a traffic light on the opposite side of the street and yelled at me to bring them a bag of peaches across three lanes of traffic.  No, ma'am.  


I have so many problems with this and you're going to hear about them all right now.  First of all, how dare you call it a pie when there's no crust.  Crust is the whole raison d'etre of a pie.  Pie is just a vehicle for getting more pie crust in my mouth.  Without crust, pie filling is something else entirely.  A custard, a pudding, a mousse, a fruit bake.  Crust or GTFO.  Also, it's way too goddamn early to get on the pumpkin train.   


God damn, so dark


I am currently very into (and very good at) the Letterboxed game from New York Times puzzles.  


Analog Reading:


Did I mention that I finally finished The Body?  That felt like an achievement.  I'm still working on The Silent Patient, it's been a busy week.  It's a little predictable and trope-y but the pacing is decent.  

1 comment:

  1. You want peaches? How many can you catch before light changes? Sometimes, I'd rather have the crust than the filling of a real p.i.e!!

    ReplyDelete