Sunday, November 14, 2021

Syllabus #129

So I skipped a week.  If you are not satisfied with your purchase, you can contact customer service for a full refund of $free.99.

Due to an unusually high volume of dissatisfied customers, wait times may be excessive.  


Oh my god oh my god, I made this garlic soup that apparently went viral on Tik Tok?  I made it on Halloween and all I'm saying is no vampires dared to bare their fangs in my vicinity.  But hold onto your butts.  You might not want to eat this if you have a work situation where you can't sneak away and fart somewhere private throughout the day.  La sopa vale la pena, pero ten cuidado.


The reveal of Oprah's Favorite Things just isn't the same when you don't have a fat glossy periodical to hold in your hands, but 'tis the season anyway, I guess.  


Man that's really all I've got to show for the last two weeks.  


Analog Reading:


Finished Margaret Renkl's Graceland, At Last.  It was lovely.

Plowed through Michael Pollan's This Is Your Mind On Plants, with varying degrees of focus and concentration.  Not that it wasn't fascinating and approachably written, but it's kind of hard to zero in on new information when you're sitting in a hospital waiting area.  A little easier to concentrate at 30,000 feet on a mostly empty airplane.  It's been a week, and then some.

Still savoring A Carnival of Snackery.

Enjoying Colson Whitehead's new Harlem Shuffle.  We just had the pleasure of seeing him speak yesterday morning as the recipient of Nashville Public Library's 2021 Literary Award.  He's funny!  He's charming!  He's a little bit weird!  Delightful.



1 comment: