Sunday, November 21, 2021

Syllabus #130




I'll just be needing one plate.   No knife.    


Ya love to see it.  


Hello, it's me.  You may notice that my news consumption has morphed drastically compared to this time last year.  I just don't have the mental energy.  It's like, well, the adults are back in charge, I'm sure it's fine.  But meanwhile there's other awful shit going down and I just can't bring myself to look.  It's a privilege but also a problem.


Ah, who doesn't love a good old fashioned circle pit?


Colson Whitehead, cool guy.


Analog Reading:


Finished Whitehead's Harlem Shuffle.  I always find little bits of writing brilliance in his books.  This one was funny, dark, gripping, and ended on an upswing.  I dug it.


Now reading the new Jonathan Franzen book, Crossroads.  I'm enjoying it so far but I'm less than 100 pages into a 560-page time commitment, so like, gimme a minute, alright?


1 comment:

  1. The giant Reeses pie is sold out. Good thing, I'll save a few hundred bucks. Looking forward to Harlem Shuffle.

    ReplyDelete