Sunday, December 5, 2021

Syllabus #132

I'm just trying to stay alive until winter break.  



It's Always Sunny has been on for 15 seasons?  Wild.


I never got 'the bride is a woman and the groom is a hedgehog' but I've had some really strange, dark ones on Duolingo.  Also, today is day 997 of my streak, so how 'bout that?


Analog Reading:

Finished Jonathan Franzen's Crossroads.  Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed it.  The characters were fully fleshed out and deliciously despisable, each in their own way and to varying degrees.  I wasn't fully satisfied with the ending, but endings are tricky, and I guess the point of this one in particular was to suggest the beginning of a new chapter?


Now reading The Last Picture Show by Larry McMurtry.  It's amusing and he's very deft at building a world full of sensory details and idiosyncratic characters.  Andy read it and recommended it to me, and I commented to him on how funny it was that the character's boss at the butane delivery company's last name is Fartley.  He hadn't even noticed.  HOW DO YOU NOT NOTICE A NAME LIKE FARTLEY?

1 comment:

  1. A one hour season premiere and I fell asleep ��,my usual sit down to watch an anticipated show action. Woohoo on 997!! Need to read that book. Bathroom humor is our Forte so fartley....haha teehee lol

    ReplyDelete