Sunday, September 25, 2022

Syllabus #169

 #169.  Nice.



I got the Wordle in 2 guesses twice this week.  Hope my Mensa invitation doesn't get stolen out of my mailbox.  


Adult Onset Athleticism.  That implies being actually good at a sport.  I wouldn't go that far, but I definitely have a chronic case of Adult Onset Desire Not to be a Sedentary Lump.  Maybe I would have discovered the pleasure of moving one's body for fun a little earlier in life had it not been for the dreaded President's Physical Fitness Test.  Just something about being forced to run a mile in my D-cup jugs without knowing sports bras existed, getting weighed in front of the whole class, enduring shame for not being able to do a pull-up, and then also getting berated for being too flexible in the sit-and-reach really soured me on trying to do any sort of physical activity.  


There was a time before cellphones when I was viscerally offended to find that someone's bathroom was devoid of reading materials.  If you walked in on me reading the ingredients on your shampoo bottle, that's your own damn fault.  


Analog Reading:

Dear god, I'm still reading A Gentleman in Moscow.  I'm enjoying it more, but maybe I'm just like Count Rostov, reconciled to my fate to never exit the confines of its pages.  It's not even that long!  I just haven't had much time to read lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment