Sunday, November 1, 2020

Syllabus #77

Just another Sunday from the precipice.  It's strange to know that you're living through history.  Who knows whether someday, twenty years from now, I'll be telling my children cats, "Boy, we were scared that things were about to get darker than they'd ever been in our lifetimes, but democracy prevailed, the Biden/Harris administration righted the ship, and look at us now, flourishing under the leadership of President Ocasio Cortez!"  Or whether I'll be telling my cats, "Look, we've been over this, you get the turkey and giblets and I get the seafood medley, and yes I know these cans of Fancy Feast expired in 2023 but times are tough all over."

You hear that, Lola?  Turkey and giblets.



So like, here's some stuff that probably won't make you feel any better, but it's all (mostly) important.


Shit's dark.


Two more days.  Just for the love of Nancy, vote if you haven't already.  


Stay safe out there, Philly.  


Are we doing holidays this year?  More and more I feel like it can't happen responsibly so it's just not going to happen. 


This is relevant


Also this.  We watched Ernest Scared Stupid on Friday because some of it was filmed in our neighborhood.  Shit holds up, man. 


File under: Forced monkey labor is probably the least shocking and disturbing revelation of 2020.


Analog Reading:

Finally got my hands on Elena Ferrante's new novel, The Lying Life of Adults.  If I had a longer attention span and more free time I would have finished it in three days.  I know it's good, but like, who can seriously read right now?  

No comments:

Post a Comment