Sunday, September 29, 2024

Syllabus #267

 



---

All of this is true.  But let's prioritize censoring books instead of doing anything about gun violence, because I've heard if your mind is pure, the bullets from an AR-15 can't penetrate your body in a school shooting.  


Why are all the characters in Salley Rooney's novels so thin?  I think a reductive answer would be, maybe she has body image or food issues, but I'm sure there's more to it than that.  


Leaving this here in case it's helpful.  The insurance and bureaucratic red tape following a catastrophe sound almost as bad as the experience of the disaster itself. 

---

Analog Reading:

Still plugging away at It, the scariest pronoun in town.  I'm finally past the halfway mark, with about 500 pages to go.  It's such a freaking weird, dumb premise, and yet I have no problem suspending my disbelief.  There are some really cringey parts, as always, but the more Stephen King I read, the more I marvel at this tightly woven universe where characters and places continue to resurface.

No comments:

Post a Comment