Thursday, November 4, 2010

Humping Day

But not like that.  More like this:


This post was intended for yesterday, but, conveniently, my internet crapped out after I typed the first sentence of this post and never returned before I went to bed.  I should mention that we're on the university's network, which moves about as slowly and dies about as frequently as the woman in the above illustration.  What the hell kind of backwater, third-world, piss-poor infrastructure is this?  But anyway, this post sort of still applies today since I have a six-day workweek now (I whined and got out of a six hour shift on Sunday so as not to work 14 days in a row).

Speaking of backwater - guns.  I am constantly hearing noises that I am positive are gunshots and not backfiring trucks, even though we live in town.  The other day I may have discovered the source.  I was walking home from work and saw a frat guy leaning out his window firing what I suspect was just some kind of air gun (it was orange) into the air.  Then he saw two of his brothers approaching the house so he pointed the gun at them and fired.  Because that's ever a safe way to joke around even if your gun doesn't actually use bullets.

It seems I can't quite get away from commutes where I'm exposed to people carrying guns.  I would bring up riding the Riverline between Camden and Trenton, but that really deserves an entire post to fully explain its horrors.

2 comments:

  1. The husband and I went hiking a couple weeks ago and we heard a couple of gunshots. I then spent the next four hours freaking out that we were going to be mistaken for deer and shot.

    Moral of the story is don't fuck around with guns.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honestly! WTF is with people firing guns near hiking trails? We heard someone firing a machine gun or something on a hike once. Guess you just need to wear some blaze orange whenever you venture outside city limits.

    ReplyDelete