Saturday, September 10, 2011

Art Imitating Life Imitating Art

Last August and September, when I was unemployed and trying to find ways not to accidentally fall wrist-first on a set of steak knives, I drew a lot of MS Paint pictures of my cat.  I was especially proud of this one, because it so perfectly captured the essence of Ajax.


Thursday morning as I was eating breakfast, I happened to have my phone in my hand when I noticed Ajax in this very compromising position.  He's not always easy to photograph, because he's kind of extremely skittish and usually runs away if he notices you approaching him with a foreign object.  But he was pretty enraptured with his nether-regions so I made some photographic magic happen.  I feel like I just captured a photo of Sasquatch or the Loch Ness Monster.  What has been legend is now indisputable fact:


He glanced up just as I took the picture, but I think it's perfectly clear what was going on here just moments earlier.



Have a great weekend, internet friends!  We are considering going down to the Utah State Fair tonight, because the rodeo is free with admission, and there's a traveling sea lion show (in the middle of the desert, which isn't weird and doesn't smack of animal cruelty at all).  So if that happens, expect a glorious post to follow in which I reveal how shameless and insensitive I am by displaying photos I took of the human spectacle.

1 comment:

  1. Butt-licking aside, what a cute cat! I look forward to your coverage of the Utah State Fair. I have been remiss, having never gone to the Oregon State Fair OR the Oregon Country Fair, let alone having documented the experience. Also, your pictures of the Grand Tetons are great and made me jealous.

    ReplyDelete