Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Picture This

As promised, here are some more pictures from a glorious weekend.  Or maybe, just maybe, we didn't really go to the Tetons this weekend.  I may or may not have Googled all these pictures.  I actually spent the weekend eating donut holes and chugging Tussin while listening to Yusuf Islam records in a darkened room.

Or maybe I really was outside have a blast.  It's your choice.  What are you going to believe?  Have I blown your mind?  Do you even know who you are anymore?

Jenny Lake.  I feel like there might be a Forrest Gump joke in there somewhere, but it's just not coming to me.

More of Jenny Lake.

Have I mentioned that Teton is French for tit?  Because it is. 

Million Dollar Cowboy Bar in Jackson, WY.  They have saddles for seats on the barstools, and silver dollars are embedded in the bar.  It was a little rich for our blood, though, so we didn't stay for a drink.  Maybe someday we can be Million Dollar Cowboys, too.  I guess for now I can settle for being a Rhinestone Cowboy.  Glen Campbell?  Neil Diamond?  Anyone?  Why am I a 70-year old trapped in a 26-year old's body??  Ok I lied I am only familiar with the song because it was in the commercial for High School High, a movie I have never even seen because I wasn't allowed when it came out in theaters.  This caption is becoming less and less of a caption and more like a dissertation.  I am deeply sorry. 

Antler archway leading into the town square in Jackson.  There's one on every corner of the square.  You might be imagining the bloodbath that necessarily preceded the construction of this arch, but remember that elk shed their antlers every year.  I kind of didn't know that, and was totally relieved to find out because I secretly thought this was a little bit awesome even before I found out no animals were harmed.  Shame on me.  Shame.

Surprise!  It's a lake.  No really.  This is Surprise Lake.

I might be a little obsessed with the panoramic feature on my new(ish) camera.  Good thing we live in a place where we are constantly and literally surrounded by amazing things.

French trappers used to call these mountains the 'Trois Tetons'.  I guess third nipples have always been hilarious (the supernumerary nip is not pictured here - obviously...because most people can count to two, I hope).

Mmm glacier water.  Pretty sure nobody should drink anything that color (not even Hypnotiq, unless you're into that sort of thing).

Amphitheater Lake.  We never quite made it up to Arena Lake, where I hear Bon Jovi was giving a private concert.   Bad Jokes.  I make them.


More Amphitheater.  9,698 feet of elevation.  My sea-level loving body and brain cannot even fathom this.
Does this even need a caption?

1 comment:

  1. To be fair, we don't even know that you're you on the internet. You could be a dude for all we know.

    But I digress. Gorgeous pictures! Honest to god, they look fake.

    ReplyDelete