Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Feeling like Tom Hanks

In that movie where he gets trapped in the airport. I have been sitting in the Spokane airport since 9 this morning. My flight leaves at 5:30.

Let's leave Idaho at the same time, I suggested. It'll be great, I said. You'll get through those Rocky Mountain passes on I-90 before it snows, I can chill in the airport all day, no big deal.

So here I am, tapping out my boredom on my iPhone. So very, very bored. Apparently you can't check your luggage more than 4 hours prior to your flight, so I've been lurking around the baggage claim trying not to look like a terrorist. I can't even roam around because I have this stupid giant suitcase. In half an hour I can check my bag, relinquish my dignity, and proceed into the terminal, where I will spend another four hours. All this so I can fly to San Francisco to wait another 2 hours for a red-eye to Philly. Yaaay.

No comments:

Post a Comment