Friday, January 14, 2011

I'm getting them all cut

That's right, I'm giving 'em the chop.



Thursday, January 20th.  Noon.  A foot of hair. 

I haven't had my hair cut (by a professional/anyone who isn't me) since April.  I have been too afraid of walking out with a mullet to get my hair cut in Idaho.  I joke about that but truly, it has been a serious concern.  After months of delay, I'm so ready to get rid of all this hair.  The day after I get back to New Jersey, I'm lopping it all off and giving it to Locks of Love.  Any little bald kid would be so lucky to get these tresses.  I've invested the last three years of my life in growing this hair - not dying it, not using a flat iron...not having gray hair.  This hair represents the last hurrah of my youth...the last strands of pure, brown hair untainted by the ravages of age. 

Lest you get all misty about how nice it is for me to donate my hair, let me just say that I'm cutting it for purely selfish reasons.  I find a new gray hair pretty much every day.  This will not stand.  Sooner or later, I'm going to break down and dye it, and I'm not trying to buy three or four boxes of dye to cover all this hair.  I'm not generous.  Quite the contrary.  I'm a vain cheapskate.

Hopefully I have enough left over to get a sweet haircut.  'Sweet' is a hint as to how I'm trying to get it cut!

1 comment:

  1. I hope a man in tights doesn't cut your hair! hehe

    ReplyDelete