Friday, April 17, 2020

The Isolation Journals - Day 17

Good morning!  You woke up today.  Mission accomplished.  Thanks to technology, I can inform you with some accuracy that today is, in fact, Friday.  Remember when that meant something?


Remember when this song came out?  This was 9 years ago.  Now we're all just like, gotta get down whenever the hell because time is a flat circle and the rules do not apply.

Anyway.

Today's prompt came from someone who needs no introduction, unless you're Andy, to whom I keep having to explain who Ann Patchett is.  It comes up more often than you would think.  Duh, dude, she's Ann Patchett.

Prompt:  Pick out a poetic form and give it a try.

---

Poetry?  Funny you should ask.  It's not usually my jam, but I do love the challenge of contorting myself into the smallest of spaces, physically and creatively.  Coincidentally, I wrote a bunch of quarantine haikus earlier this week, just for funsies.  This morning, I wrote a limerick.

This virus has all of us stuck
And some of us down on our luck
Let us stock up on booze
And turn off the news
Raise our glasses and not give a fuck


Here are a few of the haikus:


COVID-19 sounds
like generic birth control
or an STI


woke up yesterday
thinking it was tomorrow
what even is time


Zooming with my friends
They have growing kids, but I
scallion in shot glass


sourdough starter
feels like playing Yukon Trail
now let's pan for gold


1 comment:

  1. You're a poet and I'm always going to know it

    ReplyDelete