Friday, May 3, 2013

Friday Feels

This week.  Oh man, this week.  We all thought it was finally going to start being spring here in Northern Utah, but my dreams of not having to blowdry my fingers before I dry my hair in the morning so they have enough sensation to grip a hairbrush were crushed on Wednesday morning:



But let's put that behind us, shall we?  This weekend should be in the upper 60s, it's Cinco de Mayo, and here are these interesting internet things to distract us in case Mother Nature pulls another Lucille Bluth.  And gets off on being withholding.  Of springtime.


Will.i.amsburg This New York Times style section article was worth it for this quote:  'I picked up a pair of argyle wool socks from a nearby wicker basket and asked, “Are your socks local?” The salesman self-consciously said no. I returned the socks like an organic farmer who has learned that a friend has named her child Monsanto.'


Loved reading this article following up on the lives of the kids portrayed in the movie, Kids.  I remember watching this with my friends during the summer after high school.  I grabbed the DVD out of a $5 clearance bin at Best Buy because it looked edgy and weird.  We were speechless by the end.  And I still can't eat anything butterscotch flavored, to this day.

When Andersoon Cooper met Grumpy Cat.  You are welcome.


I'm getting a little greedy for new clothes.  Maybe it's because I've been wearing my winter wardrobe for the past 8 months.  This will not stand.  I need the following immediately:


This cat-printed button-down



This button-down is so pretty, but the floral pattern may have been reincarnated from a 1970s pillowcase or the wallpaper in somebody's Jewish grandmother's powder room in Boca Raton

These are a perfect marriage of sandals, huaraches, and t-strap mary janes (which sounds like a plural marriage, but as a Utah resident, I can get down with that)

I ordered David Sedaris' new book, Let's Explore Diabetes With Owls.  Come on, Amazon, just ship it, already!  I put together a really bizarre Amazon shopping cart to get free shipping on this.  It included some hog casings for Andy's sausage making.  I don't even want to talk about it.  Can't even bear to link to it.  You really don't want to see how the sausage is made.  Really.

And finally, I made this life changing bread from My New Roots!  It is really delicious and toothy.  Also, bonus, it was really easy to make and used ingredients I already had on hand.  I don't know if it has changed my whole entire life, but certainly some asspects (typo intentional and meant to convey really unsubtle meaning, thanks for noticing).  Holy psyllium husks.

Life changing, colon cleansing.
Happy Cinco de Mayo weekend!  I know I'll be celebrating Tres de Mayo as soon as I get home from work tomorrow (read:  as soon as I get home at like 8 pm after leaving the house at 6 am to spend close to 5 hours in a van and 7 or more hours at a conference in a town where I can almost guarantee there will be no coffee anywhere).  





1 comment:

  1. Do you mind if Ι quote a couple of уouг аrticles as long as
    I proviԁe cгedit and sources baсk tο your ωebpage?

    My blog is in thе exact ѕame nіche аs уours and my visitors would certainly benefit fгοm a lot οf thе informаtion
    you provіde here. Please let mе know if thіs alright with you.
    Mаny thanκs!

    Here іs my web site hcg shots for weight loss

    ReplyDelete