Sunday, June 23, 2013

729, 728

This counting backwards thing is going to be challenging, I can already tell.  Here's a glimpse of some of the little things I enjoyed this weekend

SATURDAY

Saturday morning hike with Andy and Charlie.  We have to drag him up a mountain to wear him out and calm him down.  You can guess which 'him' I'm talking about.



Even Charlie is learning how to drive stick before me :(

Hadley always judges me for taking mirror shots, but I was too excited about my new shirt to care

That's great advice, thanks Miss Oprah!

The exercise DVD that came with my ball is going to say 'step 1, inflate ball.  step 2, cool down.  step 3, ice arms.  step 4, pump some more.'

I usually use graham crackers, but sure, we can give propane a try...

This is a weekly "yard sale" around the corner from our house, that is pretty much a Christmas store with some random thrifted junk thrown in.  Not pictured:  A 1980s treadmill draped with Christmas garland

Pan Am

Putting my education to good use
Hadley loves the golden hour, too

Pruning 
Sundown
SUNDAY

Getting ready to make lentil hummus

Hardboiled eggs

Zesting like a maniac

A million muffins

Farmer tan is a very real issue, and it affects us all.  Do your part to rid the world of this scourge.



Today was all about lentils.  Making soup from the Sprouted Kitchen cookbook!

I'm getting tired just thinking about all the stuff I did today.  I must have been in the kitchen for about 8 hours.  I started off with an experiment to make steel cut oats in a rice cooker.  Do not recommend.  Unless you like eating burnt kitty litter.  Then I threw in a load of whites, hand washed some bras, brewed iced tea, hard boiled eggs, chopped veggies, started whipping up a tuna and egg salad and then had to pause to friggin' make mayo because I intended to use yogurt until I realized we only had honey yogurt.  Then I boiled lentils, made lentil hummus, and whipped up some banana bran muffins with a little extra seed business up in there.  Then I ran 4 miles, worked on my tan, hopped in the shower, and got back in the kitchen to make lentil soup and corn bread.  Some cake and ice cream, the Mad Men season finale (whoa) and here we are.  The weekend is over.  Every day I'm hustlin. 

1 comment:

  1. Whew!! I need to rest just thinking about all you did in one short day!

    ReplyDelete