Friday, June 7, 2013

Friday Feels

The "Apparently I only had time to read Slate this week" edition.

The sun sets on another week


Do you ever get one of those emails at work that just makes your eye twitch?  And do you get them at 5 pm East Coast time, and do you realize that this sudden emergency has just been foisted on you by a person who clocked out and traipsed away from their desk to start their weekend, while you spend the last two hours of your work-week picking up the pieces?  I'll be putting a straw in a bottle of wine tonight.  Skip the glass.

I finished this article.  Will you?

I'm a sucker for book recommendations.  I wish I had time to make my own reading list and stick to it.  I miss summers where my number one agenda was to read every Babysitters Club book I could carry out of the public library.

Speaking of childhood - what would you go back and change if you could?  Would you decide not to change anything, or are you just positively haunted by embarrassing moments or mean things you wish you could take back?  Would you make out with yourself like the character in this book?  I'm personally waiting for a hotter version of myself to emerge.  Katie ages 13-20 are especially unappealing.

Ok, I lied.  I looked at some stuff that wasn't on Slate.  I would like to thank Shutterbean for confirming my suspicions that I need this Jerusalem cookbook, right meow.

Also from Shutterbean - this farro salad was so good and so easy!  I laz-ified it by using quinoa instead of farro, though, because it cooks so quickly in a rice cooker.  Leftovers are about to go in my mouth in t-minus 5 minutes.


And now it's time for a drink!

Totally unscientific sangria, where I just dump things in a glass until it tastes good - orange juice, triple sec, wine, and seltzer.

Have a super weekend!  I'm fully intending to maximize the hell out of this weekend.  As soon as my eye stops twitching.

No comments:

Post a Comment