Tuesday, October 5, 2010

An Open (Love) Letter to Fitness Establishments

Dear Gym,

We've known each other for almost three years now.  Our relationship has had its ups and downs, but for the most part, it has been a pretty great experience, at least for me.  I was skeptical about you, at first.  I didn't think I would like you, I didn't think it would last, and I definitely didn't think I was your type.  It didn't take long for you to win me over, though.  You made me feel like a real woman, and I grew to love you.  In fact, I craved you all the time.  I couldn't go more than a couple days without yearning for your sweaty embrace.

Suddenly, though, a couple months ago, our trysts became too much for me to handle.  I felt like you were taking more than I was able to give.  I had to cut you out of my life completely.  It was hard, but at the time, I really felt like I didn't have a choice.

At first, I tried to convince myself that I was better off without you.  I kept telling myself that I didn't need you, that I was fine on my own.  I was angry and resentful.  Then, enough time passed for me to put things into perspective.  I realized that I did need you, desperately.  I was falling apart without you, and I craved you more than ever.  I just wasn't the same person, inside or out.

Two weeks ago, I finally swallowed my pride and came crawling back to you.  You welcomed me with open arms, and I was so, so happy.  I felt like your prodigal ho - you didn't ask questions or try to make me feel guilty in passive aggressive ways.  You were just glad to have me back.  These last two weeks have been so magical.  You've reminded me how good it feels to sweat and really work it.  The things you do to my body are just unbelievable.  Things I could never do on my own, if you know what I'm saying.

Gym, I love you.  I need you in my life.  Let's never fight again.

Love,

Katie
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment