Saturday, June 27, 2020

The Isolation Journals - Day 88

Prompt Complete the sentence: “If you really knew me...” You can write one or many of these statements. Then sit with them. Ask yourself: What would your life be like if people knew these things about you? How would your circle of friends change? What about your job?

---

If you really knew me, you would know that...

...I squander hours trying to oust that one rogue chin hair.

...I'm totally lying, that chin hair brought his friends.  There's like 7 of those bad boys.

...I don't give a rip about germs but a mess really stresses me out.

...I'm the Bizarro World version of the adult I planned to become - uptight, rigid, joyless, following arbitrary financial, lifestyle, and dietary rules that I set for myself, in bed by 10 and up by 6 for no earthly reason even in a friggin' pandemic.  Any attempt to appear chill or carefree is a poorly constructed facade. 

...I turn everything into a joke because if I've already made fun of myself I'm depriving you of the opportunity to say anything worse.

...I, an adult woman, have, in fact, shat myself while running.  I will not tell you the number of times, not because I am ashamed, but because I have legitimately lost count.  Lest you think I'm some kind of monster, I will say that it's likely somewhere north of 4 but definitely south of 8, and I am referring to a span of over 10 years, which seems like a pretty acceptable average if you're open to the idea that more than once in a lifetime is ever acceptable.  Also I run frequently and eat a lot of fiber and sometimes these things just happen, what do you want from me?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment