Sunday, August 29, 2010

I Am Youthful

Last night, as promised, we went out and spent our newly acquired pirate gold Sacajawea dollars on beer.  To shake things up a bit, we went to Mingles, which I have been eager to patronize because of the lecherous-looking shark playing pool on the sign above the entrance.  Based on the name alone, I thought it was going to be a giant sex party, so I was a little disappointed to find nothing more than a cadre of pool tables and the lingering odor of fried food.  The food odor made a lot more sense once we looked at a menu - every single item was deep-fried, and there was a sample platter containing such delights as "o-rings" and "poofs."

The highlight of the evening was being aggressively carded.  At 7:30 on a Saturday night, the place was mostly deserted, save for a small group of aging hippies bellied up to the bar, shouting things like "of course all you dirty hippies suck cock!"  I can't be certain, but they may have been having a group flashback or something.  Anyway, the bouncer left his command post next to the hippies and stalked over to us, bypassing Andy and demanding to see my ID.  I was thrilled.  I'm only 25, but I've had to stop pulling out my gray hairs when I find them because gray hair is less objectionable to me than baldness.  I'll take your insinuation that I may be younger than 21 and run with it, sir.

The other highlight of the night was the bathroom.  Idaho seems to have a thing for weird bathroom configurations, and this place was no exception.  There were three stalls in this bathroom - two normal ones with doors, and then, along the back wall of the bathroom, a handicapped accessible stall with no door.  The door wasn't missing, it never existed.  No hinges, no screw holes, nothing to indicate that this stall had ever afforded its occupants a shred of privacy.  To add insult to injury, the sex toy dispenser was mounted against the back wall right at the mouth of the handicapped stall, high enough that a wheelchair-bound deviant would not be able to access it.

The icing on the cake came when I entered the empty bathroom and headed for the middle stall.  I had just dropped trou' when the door opened and another woman entered.  I could scarcely believe my ears when I heard her walk past my stall and make herself comfortable in the doorless stall.  I kind of figured that stall would be a last resort when there was a line, or when someone was too drunk to care about the lack of door.  But relatively sober and given a choice?  To each her own, I suppose.


After last night's affirmation of my relative youth, I was feeling pretty good, so I decided to test my luck with this audio test, which emits a frequency that can (allegedly) be heard only by people UNDER 25 who don't have hearing damage.  I passed - I guess my ears are just sexy and youthful, which is surprising, miraculous even, given all the opportunities I've had to damage my hearing at concerts over the years.

The Teenager Audio Test - Can you hear this sound?
Created by Oatmeal

No comments:

Post a Comment