Tuesday, August 31, 2010

I'm not Jewish, but it's okay if you think I am, because I kind of wish I was - Part 1.5 - A correction

Okay, I just got an email from my mom informing me that I've been wrong about Bob Vila all these years.  No, she wasn't telling me that people thought my dad looked like Norm, which would be a travesty, as he kind of looks like a muppet. 

Norm Abram - master carpenter Jew?

 Mom says:

"i must correct a small claim to fame that is on your blog.  even though your dad did bear a striking resemblance to another great carpenter/woodcrafter, it was judd hirsch (oh,no, a jew) who the waitress thought he was - the dude from the show taxi.  i think it would have been cool if she thought he looked like latka gravas (andy kaufman)- oh,no -what's with the jews) !!"

(Please disregard anything that seems like bigotry or Antisemitism, my mother and I share the same sense of humor)

Judd Hirsch - 'Taxi' Jew

Andy Kaufman - lopsided Jew
I once ruined a group homecoming portrait with that exact facial expression and head position, so I think maybe my mother was trying to tell me that Andy Kaufman is my real biological father, even though he died more than a year before my birth.  Mom, am I the bastard test-tube offspring of Andy Kaufman?  

Or this guy?:

You decide - Bob Vila or Judd Hirsch?

1 comment: