Friday, August 20, 2010

Sell our blood by the pint to make rent

I'm so sad.  No, I didn't yet learn the outcome of my prestigious grocery store interview - there is still hope for that.  But my scheme of letting my body passively earn me $60 a week has been crushed. 

Don't get overly excited, I wasn't contemplating prostitution.  I have this weird thing about personal space and not liking to touch strangers, so that would never work.  No, my intentions were much more noble.  I was going to sell my blood plasma twice a week.  It was a grand plan, until I found out that the plasma bank in town closed its doors a year ago.  Curse this internet for keeping abandoned websites active and findable forever.  I have spent the last hour searching for plasma centers within a reasonable driving distance, to no avail.  I probably should have spent that time looking for real jobs, but a girl can take only so much rejection.

I'm going to go practice organizing things now, in case the grocery store decides to hire me.  I don't want my right-angling skills to get rusty.  Actually, the more I think about it, the more I realize that stocking shelves is the perfect job for me.  I really love putting things away and I obsessively straighten objects in my own house, so why not get paid for it?  I mean, come on.  I should have just come right out in the interview and told them "Look, guys, I think I have OCD so if you hire me to keep your store organized, I get money and you get a super organized store.  Everyone wins.  End of interview, I'll just be filling out my I-9 form now."

3 comments:

  1. Ooh yea, no. Looked into that one a few years ago - it involves too many hormones and too much discomfort. And really, what poor schmuck would want to give their child my DNA?

    ReplyDelete
  2. sell my own house

    FOR SALE BY OWNER - List your property on realestate.com.au & domain.com.au. Sell your own home or land privately & pay NO Commission. Sell my house Private

    to get more - www.salebyhomeowner.com.au

    ReplyDelete