Tuesday, September 28, 2010

This Is Almost Silly

Almost.

And then there were three.  Three jobs.  I feel like Goldilocks, except I'm a glutton and you can bet I'm-a gonna eat all this porridge.  Too hot?  I'll wait.  Too cold?  That's why we have a microwave.  Just right?  Awesome.

This morning, I was sweating like a beast on the elliptical, reading Cosmo and listening to London Calling, when my phone rang.  Another local number.  Local numbers usually mean jobs, so I hopped off the machine and answered breathlessly.  I think the woman could tell I was struggling, because she asked if it was a bad time.  "pant pant  No, it's pant fine pant pant."  Way to go.

So I'm kind of exaggerating.  I don't sweat that much, and I have reasonable cardiovascular endurance.  Also, it's not really three jobs.  More like 2.5.  The third one is just additional hours performing other tasks at the second job.  But still.  I'm up to 30 hours a week.  That's almost respectable! 

2 comments: